Monday 11 April 2011

Scattered pieces of my consciousness

The words and sentences to follow are composed of the random, hormone-induced thoughts buzzing about my mind. Take caution.

I've always had very strange dreams, but these days my dreams have the power to determine the whole course of my day, much to my chagrin. Today was a depressing day, because I spent the bulk of my night wrapped up in horrific nightmares relating to baby banfield. Not how I had hoped this week would start out. Lord, capture my mind and transform my thoughts, waking and asleep.

Today my day to day pregnancy tracker thing told me how to deal with middle of the night hunger pangs. To which I would reply: hunger pangs?? What's that? I cant remember the last time I actually felt hungry! I suppose I should count my blessings and be glad that, at least for now, there is still food for Sam to eat ;)

I hope baby banfield is a good traveler because the moment God gives us the green light to go, we will be going. To where, I don't much care. I just want so badly to go to Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth. There are something like 6,700 people groups who have never even heard the name of Jesus. That's where I want to go. (and plus, the sooner we tell these people, the sooner Jesus can come back ;)

I have learned so much about sex trafficking these past few days and the burden on my heart for young girls to be set free, literally and figuratively, is Ever-growing. One.of these days I will dedicate a whole post to those precious girls.

Until then, Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, sex trafficking has become soo real to me lately. There is at least one brothel on the interstate that runs past my house. The other day Matt and I passed it on our way to Houston for dinner and I was so overwhelmed with guilt that I was out doing what I wanted as those girls were in such a terrible place. It simply makes me sick and causes my heart to just hurt.

    Anyways, I love you and I love baby Banfield! I hope you guys are doing great! OHH and Sam too!

    ReplyDelete