Thursday 28 March 2013

The Mouths of Babes

So Ada is in her crib, supposed to be sleeping, when she starts to fuss. After a few minutes and an escalation in volume and intensity, I go in to see what's wrong. As soon as she sees me, she stretches her arms towards me and says "Mommy Rock!" If this were any other time, I would assume she was telling me I rock, but since it's bedtime, I realize she is asking me to rock her, so naturally, I oblige. As soon as we snuggle in and start to rock, she lifts her head up and says "Mommy, Pray!" Even though we had already rocked and prayed, I of course did what she asked and we prayed. When we finished and before I laid her back down, I asked if she needed to potty. Her response - "Mommy No. Mommy night night. Bed!" So I kissed her face and laid her back in her crib, where she is now sleeping soundly.

Can my heart get any fuller?

No comments:

Post a Comment