Thursday 28 March 2013

PEACE OUT TOXINS!

So in an effort to spare my family of any extra "junk" this world throws at us, I have, over the course of several weeks, exchanged several of our store bought "necessities" for DIYs. So far, here is what I've made that we no longer purchase from commercial retailers:

*Hand Soap/Body Wash *Deoderant *Shampoo *Conditioner *Laundry Detergent *Fabric Softener *Multi-purpose Cleaners *Lotion/Chapstick *Facewash

Not only are we eliminating several sources of icky chemicals, but we are also saving BEAUCOUPS amounts of CASH MONEY. Win-win? I think so.

Think we're crazy? You're probably right. But we are definitely better off for it. And the plus-side? We haven't compromised anything. Our hair still shines. Our clothes still come clean. Our bodies still get clean. And our pits don't stink (in fact, they smell like chocolate ;)

Interested in joining in on all the DIY fun? Let me know! We can have a party and create all kinds of awesome, chemical-free goodies!

Some other things I've made/done to promote good health for my family:
Elderberry Syrup
Bone Broth (YUM.)
Homemade popcorn popped in unrefined coconut oil and sprinkled with nutritional yeast (DOUBLE YUM)
Juicing! (Currently on day 5 of a 10 day juice fast!)

God has really placed on my heart the need to take care of the things He has entrusted me with - myself, my husband, and my child specifically. One of the ways I can do that is to be informed about what I put into/onto our bodies and make an effort to keep them as "clean" as I can. Ignorance is no longer bliss! God requires us to be good stewards. What are you doing to take care of the life He's given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment