Sunday 17 March 2013

One and a half years

Sweet Little Adelaide,

I can hardly believe you are a year and a half old today! It's so cliche to say how fast time has flown, but MY! How time has flown! Where did my sweet chubby little helpless baby go? You certainly let me know each day that you are no longer completely helpless! It's hard for me to organize into a simple blog post all that you are and my thoughts on the little girl you are becoming. So I guess I'll just make a list of all the things I love about you:

your beautiful, heart-stealing smile, your silly giggle, how you laugh everytime indie does ANYthing, how you love your cousins, how you give bear hugs, and eskimo kisses, and pretty much everytime you say goodnight, how tender you say "mommy" and "daddy" as though those are the most precious words you know, how you have practically potty trained yourself, making and eating popcorn with you (and how you come running as soon as you hear me start it, dragging a chair behind you so you can help turn the crank), when you sit in my lap and let me read books to you (because i know this is soooo miserable ;), your love for books, how you are learning to read the books and say some of the right words on your own, the adventurous eater you are, that you love your sleep, listening to you singing along with Violet in the mornings, singing songs with you in the car, watching you sing songs with your baby doll (and make her do the motions), that you are really only ever fussy when you're tired, that you still like to be carried in a wrap/baby carrier, that moment when we come to get you from the nursery and your face lights up and you come running, the way you say certain words ("poppy" for potty, "bebist" for breakfast, "sups" for supper, "Ikee" "yesssss"), the joy on your face when I give you a horsey ride (or any other child for that matter) - the way you rejoice with others when they are happy, how you love to rock on your rocking horse or in any rocking chair, that you LOVE to be outside, that your first sentence was "Daddy go walk" (and how much that warmed both our hearts), when you make an elephant sound, and a bear/tiger/dinosaur/lion sound, your love for grapes (and how we have to hide them from you if we want you to eat other things first), that you still let me rock you and snuggle with you occasionally, but that you can go to sleep without having to be rocked, that God gave you to us...

I could go on and on but I think you get the point ;) You are an amazing little girl and every day I get to spend with you is more treasured than the last. Thanks for playing with me and going along with some of my crazy ideas ;)

I love you little Ada-roo!
XOXO
Mommy







No comments:

Post a Comment