Monday 21 November 2011

#iamthankful

I love hashtags. I don't know why because I'm really not good at coming up with really clever ones like some people, but I just think they are fun. Anyway..

Sweet Adelaide,

I am incredibly thankful for you. I am thankful that my pregnancy with you was without problem. That I could still dance even that last week you were in my belly. That the worst thing I experienced were those first weeks of morning sickness. That you grew healthily despite my need to eat cereal and ice cream constantly. That you made it full term.

I am thankful that your birth went without hitch. That God gave me the strength to do it naturally. That things progressed quickly. That the doctor was wise and skilled in what he had to do. That the worst I had to endure was a few stitches. That you were healthy and breathing well from the get go. That they let me hold you immediately. That your daddy was there through it all, encouraging me and praying for me.

I am thankful that you took to nursing almost immediately. That I have enough milk to feed you. That you continue to grow everyday. That I get to steal away throughout the day and spend precious moments, just me and you.

I am thankful for your smile. Especially those early morning grins I get right after you eat. It sure makes waking up at 5 a joy rather than a burden.

I am thankful that you seem to enjoy daycare. That you are well taken care of and that you have the opportunity to develop social skills earlier in life.

I am thankful that you are such a good sleeper. That it is rare for you to wake up before 5. That you sleep in your crib without incident.

I am thankful for your red hair.

I am thankful that you get to grow up with family close by.

I am thankful that you have a loving, encouraging, and involved daddy. And that you two are already developing a special relationship.

Darling, I love you so much. I am thankful for you. You bring me joy. And teach me new attributes of God that I never could fully understand before now. And you make me love your daddy so much more. Without him, sweet girl, I believe we would fall to pieces. We are so blessed.

I am so blessed.

You are loved, beautiful. Time for bed now! Sweet dreams my precious Adelaide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment