Tuesday 22 November 2011

#iamthankful #part2

Sweet Adelaide,

Even though this post won't be much about you, I'm writing it to you so there will be no question about how much I love your daddy. This is my tribute to him and all (more like 2%) of the reasons I am thankful for him...

I am thankful for your daddy because he serves and loves the Lord above all else. You and I never have to worry about him leaving or being uninvolved because he seeks the will of God first and foremost (and contrary to popular culture, it is not the will of God for fathers to abandon their families)

I am thankful for your daddy because he loves me and is constantly looking for ways to show me that.

I am thankful for your daddy because he has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh (someday he'll make you laugh too!)

I am thankful for your daddy because he keeps me accountable to things and calls me out when I mess up.

I am thankful for your daddy because he prays for us.

I am thankful for your daddy because he's a great cuddler :)

I am thankful for your daddy because he could've married a lot of other girls, but he chose me.

I am thankful for your daddy because he is your daddy and without him, you would not be here!

I hope you never take for granted how blessed you are to have the daddy you do. Treasure every moment you get with him. Learn from him. Laugh with him. And one day, marry a man like him. Don't settle for anyone less!!

I love you baby girl. I can't wait to snuggle with you all weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment